Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"In the Meantime"

What to do while we are waiting for the next thing! In particular if we're waiting for the right man to walk into our lives, do we make lists of deal breakers; no smoking, must like long walks, well dressed, essentially boiling down a relationship to a shopping list? I do think in order to know what you want, you need to know what you don't want. The problem that can develop is we get so caught up in what we don't want, that we miss out on great experiences that will grow and stretch us into better people.Sometimes that meantime is filled with such anxiety and what if's that we can't see straight. Impatience becomes our best friend and bad decisions can be made.  I think there is a balance that needs to be achieved. God gave us common sense and true desires that are a great starting point to lead us to our destination. So "in the meantime," I will make lists, but not be so rigid in my ways. I will continue to grow in the wisdom of God, and allow him to change me so I will want what He wants for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment